Must Make Mints
As though I didn’t eat enough sugars and fats over the Thanksgiving holiday, I had to make these the other day. I wanted to try them out to see if they might make a decent gift for folks that maybe I don’t need to give a gift, but might want to. They were super easy to make and honestly – well worth the caloric intake. Everyone who tried them kept trying them.
Also, the The Chocolate Kiss Mints were a big hit. Uses the same recipe as below with a different technique. Click on the image to see another way to make this little mouthful of fabulous. Perfect for romantic celebrations like weddings and bridal showers.
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 pound box powdered sugar
- ⅛ – ¼ tsp. oil of peppermint
- food coloring (I used two drops of green, and one yellow)
- Mix all the ingredients to together in a bowl, adding the amount of peppermint to suit your taste. Knead together until smooth.
- Roll about ½ teaspoon of the "dough" into a ball.
- Lay the balls on a cookie tray lined with wax paper.
- Continue making balls until all the dough is used up.
- Let mints air dry, flipping them over intermittently to encourage even drying.
- The mints will be dry on the outside but still soft on the inside.
You might also enjoy:
59 Responses to “Must Make Mints”
Leave a Reply